Relieve Congestion and Temporary Hearing Loss with this Bath Salt Recipe
Even though it’s summer, colds can still strike, and for many, allergies can make a person miserable. Besides making you feel crummy, having a runny or congested nose can put a damper on your day. Any time you have a cold, sinus infection or are dealing with allergies, you run the risk of sinuses becoming blocked. Blocked sinuses can occur due to the dysfunction of the Eustachian tube, and when this happens, temporary hearing loss can occur. While intervention from your doctor is recommended, there are ways to get relief, naturally. This simple yet powerful congestion relief bath salt recipe is a great way to relax and soothe your muscles and open up the airways and relieve congestion, all at the same time!
Congestion Relief Bath Salt Recipe
What You’ll Need:
• 1 cup of sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
• 2 cups of Epsom salts
• 1 cup of baking soda
• 10-15 drops of tea tree essential oil
• 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil
• 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil
• 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil
• Airtight container
• Mixing bowl
• Funnel (optional)
1. Add in all of the ingredients, minus the essential oils, into a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add in the essential oils, and mix well. You can adjust to personal preference/taste.
3. Add your bath salts to an airtight container(s). You can use a funnel to make this step easier. Keep stored in a cool and dry place.
4. When using in a bath, add 1-2 cups to warm bathwater. Use your hands to stir the water until bath salts are dissolved.
5. To use while taking a shower, sprinkle ½-1 cup across the shower floor. Breathe deeply and shower as usual.
6. When using this recipe for the first time, keep your bathes short at first to see how your body reacts. If you have a medical condition, consult with your doctor before using this DIY recipe.