Specialized Treatment by Top NYC Ear Surgeon
Varying types of hearing loss and hearing disorders are very common in the United States. In fact, more than 28 million people are affected by some type of hearing disorder. Many are hereditary. Some are the result of an accident or injury. Our NYC hearing disorders specialistoffice is here to help you with whatever hearing disorder you are currently experiencing.
We can provide treatments for many hearing disorders, such as:
- Hearing loss: It is possible that you dealing with hearing loss without your knowledge. People will normally compensate in a variety of ways without even realizing one or both ears are dealing with hearing loss.
- Otosclerosis: If you have experienced progressive, unexplained hearing loss, otosclerosis may be to blame. This condition of abnormal bone growth often affects young adults but can occur at all ages. This condition can be effectively treated and many times, hearing can be restored to normal.
- Sudden hearing loss: Sometimes caused by a viral infection that can affect the nerves, sudden hearing loss is a serious condition that can prove to be permanent if treatment is not sought quickly.
- Conductive hearing loss: Resulting from damage to the ear-drum or moving bones behind the ear drum, conductive hearing loss can frequently be helped with treatment. There are many different possible causes for this type of hearing loss.
- Ear infection: A common affliction for children, ear infections are typically treated with antibiotics and results can be seen relatively quickly. Ear infections can also affect adults and should be treated before damage can occur.
- Eardrum perforation: The tympanic membrane (ear drum) is the thin covering of the middle ear that focuses sound in the ear. If the ear drum develops a hole or tear, it can result in hearing loss and damage.
- Cholesteatoma: Sometimes a buildup of skin, earwax, protein, and debris can clog up the ear canal and place stress on the structure of the ear. This mass can cause damage and even hearing loss.
- Vertigo and balance disorders: The ear plays a vital role in your balance and equilibrium in addition to hearing. Sometimes these balance disorders can be tough to diagnose if not investigated carefully.
Reach out to our office today to schedule an appointment at one of our convenient locations by calling us at (212) 889-8575 .