New Year, New You: Why You Should Get Your Hearing Tested
Having the ability to hear is a gift that often becomes an afterthought, especially during the shuffle of life. So much so, it can be difficult to realize you have a problem with your hearing until it becomes blatantly apparent. Even when you aren’t experiencing troubling symptoms, it can be easy to overlook your hearing health. However, even as you age, your hearing should be tested regularly. Even if you think you don’t have any degree of hearing loss. As a child, many would receive a hearing checkup regularly, and this ideology shouldn’t stop just because you are an adult. Getting your hearing tested annually as you age is just as crucial as your checkups as a child. If you don’t get your hearing tested, it can be easy to overlook minor issues, and this can quickly snowball into something more severe.
This New Year, let one of your New Year Resolutions be to get your hearing tested in 2020. Having the ability to hear is a gift, and you should try your best daily to help preserve it. Learn more about why you should get your hearing tested, even as an adult.
• If you don’t think you have the time, think again. Hearing tests don’t take up a lot of time, and they are painless. What do you have to lose?
• Hearing loss is not a condition that discriminates, as anyone can experience hearing loss at any point in their life. Child or adult, it doesn’t matter – no one is immune.
• Experiencing hearing loss, of any degree, can negatively affect your mental health. Untreated hearing loss can affect a person’s quality of life and contribute to feelings of depression and social isolation.
• Did you know that a person with impaired hearing runs a higher risk of slipping and falling? Hearing loss can affect many facets of your life. It can even increase your chances of developing Alzheimer’s and dementia.
• In some instances, hearing loss may not be just from old age or damage. Sometimes hearing loss can be associated with other serious health conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and hypertension.
This year aim to get your hearing tested. If you live in NYC, contact us today to schedule your hearing assessment.